Eminem is 10 Years Sober - See How He Celebrated the landmark


Eminem just celebrated a landmark event: he’s been sober for a decade.

In between his headlining sets at. Coachella, the 45-year-old rapper shared a photo to Instagram, Saturday, proudly displaying a medallion he received for achieving the milestone.

‘’Celebrated my 10 years yesterday.’’ He wrote alongside the image, in which he held the coin up to the camera. The middle of the token features an ‘’X,’’ the Roman numeral for 10, surrounded by the words ‘’Unity,’’ ‘’Service’’ and ‘’Recovery’’



Eminem, whose real name is Marshall Mathers, previously revealed he had a near-death experience from an accidental overdose back in 2007 after his addiction got so bad that he was talking up 20 pills a day.

‘’I used to get pills whatever I could,’’ he told the New York Times in 2011. ‘’ I was just talking anything that anybody was giving to me.’’


On top of crediting his kids – biological daughter Hailie Jade and his two adopted daughters, Lainey and Whitney – with keeping him sober, he also replaced ‘’addiction with exercise.’’
‘’When I got out of rehab, I needed to lose weight, but I also needed to figure out a way to function sober,’’ the rapper told Men’s Journal in 2015. ‘’Unless I was blitzed out of my mind, I had trouble sleeping. So I started running. It gave me a natural endorphin high, but it also helped me sleep, so it was perfect.’’
Continued Eminem, ‘’It’s easey to understand how people replace addiction with exercise. One addiction for another but one that’s good for them.’’

By: @helloimatthews

Comments

  1. So happy for Marshall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations ����������������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats man! That is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Em!! Proud of You!!! @eminem ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Your an amazing man! Stay ����

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congats on your milestone! Wishing you mang more JFTS

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are amazing!!⭐

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats...I am sober now and sometimes it isn't so easy...I know that for sure but this will always keep me going forward with you in my prayers and my heart every day and night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations what an accomplishment ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! Its a beautiful thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Peep how the symbol on the coin is a triangle...and it's covering one eye...stay woke ppl#godside

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! That's awesome! I can't wait until next time the convo starts that you aren't clean any more or you wouldn't be rapping to say you have 10 yrs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats M!! Waiting for you to start dropping bombs again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fuckin awesome, just celebrated 1 year last week. Seeing stuff like this from celebrities shows it’s real and can happen if you work your recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am insanely intrigued by you. And proud of you. You have lived a LOT of life. You are the measuring stick for talent, drive, raw grit, PERSISTENCE, overcoming the odds....and a LOT more. #ThisIsInsaneStrength

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for sharing your sobriety I been trying and doing well but this really gives me confidence. I can and will do it as well. Hasn’t been a year stop drinking but I’m going on two years clean from drugs. There is nothing good that comes from using. Living life in reality is so very awesome and it’s harder than a lot of people even know. Much love and respect marshal aka Eminem!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you really want to better your life. Its a struggle for sure but every day is a new day to be better than who you were the day before. This is amazing congratulations sir.

    ReplyDelete
  19. @eminem Congratulations and to many more years. God bless��

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations!! Thank you for sharing this with the world so people who are feeling helpless can see that recovery really does happen! Keep putting out the music!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. hayyy. I just uploaded the latest manstrubation video today, see here dear ��������

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats M! And by the way #Revival is incredible ��

    ReplyDelete
  23. @eminem through strength, determination, passion, perseverance and never give up is what is awesome about this post Em! Your music is timeless. It brings our raw emotion! I send you nothing but life! I know every day it’s moment to moment! This is a beautiful moment! ��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  24. AMAZING!!! You should be very proud of yourself, Em. VERY PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations. Be proud that's some hard shit to kick and my dad still fights till this day 32 years strong so God bless keep going strong and getting stronger brother

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Besides your children this must be one of of your greatest accomplishments. You should be very proud of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry but this town has beautiful white people and dating family is going to get you hung up by this town and the click of kids so stay away from me and whoever is being dated by me and no cousins or second cousins my ass ran and will keep running and I won't get tired

    ReplyDelete
  28. That is huge! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  29. salvistrong_Yessssss! ������@eminem as some1 who's struggled with sobriety for a long time I thank u from the bottom of my heart for posting this. It's beautiful to scroll thru my feed and see this. You inspire me! May your higher power keep you and bless you always! Love you!��

    ReplyDelete
  30. Bonitas fotos!, me gustaría invitarte a ti y a tus amigos ‪el martes‬ 24 de Abril a nuestra cena pica pica gratuita, con barra libré de vino y cava en Shoko Barcelona, envíame un mensaje privado para reservar tus plazas.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats I love it!!! Keep up the great work. ��❤��������

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats Em! “We’re proud and lucky to have you” - The World!

    ReplyDelete
  33. God Bless You! An amazing accomplishment. You should be incredibly proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes!!!!!! Celebrate this amazing achievement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations! So proud of you! ❤️ @eminem

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Stay informed!