The first 'Venom' sequel trailer shows us Woody Harrelson's Carnage.

The first 'Venom'  sequel trailer shows us Woody Harrelson's Carnage

There's more Venom coming, folks, and this time Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock will be facing off against one of Marvel's most fearsome villains: Carnage.

This first trailer for Venom: Let There Be Carnage does a few things. For one, it leans all the way in on the weirdness and surreal comedy that was a feature of the original movie, released in 2018. Tom Hardy's Eddie Brock has fallen into a more comfortable shared existence with Venom, and the two appear to be operating in something (distantly) adjacent to harmony.

The trailer also introduces the big villain that the first movie so directly teased: Carnage. Woody Harrelson appeared in Venom's post-credits scene wearing a truly awful wig, giving us our first look at the human Cletus Kasady. But now, in this trailer, we get to see Carnage unveiled in full. (The wig is gone too, thanks be.) We also get a fuller sense of what Cletus is all about, and a few brief flashes of Naomie Harris, who plays Shriek — Cletus's comic book love interest.

The only thing missing is Spider-Man, the Marvel superhero who introduced these characters in the comics. Spidey was a no-show in the first movie and he'll probably be a no-show again here, but — but — there is a moment in the trailer where Cletus squashes a spider beneath his palm. Hope springs eternal.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage is directed by Andy Serkis and it's "coming soon" to theaters (only in theaters, to be clear).

Comments

  1. Ooh this looks interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Chen “the chocolate delivery isnt in yet”
    Venom: “and I took that personally”

    ReplyDelete
  3. Venom: "I am happy to eat Mrs Chen!"
    Eddie: "No, no, you cannot eat Mrs Chen."
    Mrs Chen: "What?!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I couldn't take so much more waiting

      Delete
  5. Eddie and venom cooking together is the most wholesome thing I have seen today

    ReplyDelete
  6. SpiderMan was referenced, a Stan Lee magazine was fixed, a Daily Bugle newspaper shown, & Carnage’s creation was included all in one trailer... beautiful ❤

    ReplyDelete
  7. The chemistry between Eddie and Venom is what made me like the last movie. I'll be looking forward to this one. Also the tone of this movie seems darker so that will be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 0:47 it’s nice how venom fixes Stan Lee’s comic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I waited 3,000 years for this day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 0:37 that "Yummy...." really kills me LMAO ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eddie's face while Venom singing and making for him breakfest." *Why we still here? Just to suffer...*"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my god! This is the adult version of Leroy & Stitch and I am here for it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They built a movie to where I'm excited about the possibility of a comedic quarrel regarding how Venom had a baby and didn't tell Eddie which is just Tom Hardy twitching and yelling at himself. Bravo. We've come a long way, Sony.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 0:48 STANLEE COMIC CAMEO ❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. Venom greeting Mrs Chen in mandarin and fixing Stan's magazine is just too good

    ReplyDelete
  16. Venom fixing Stan's magazine just broke my fucking heart

    ReplyDelete
  17. This movie makes me wanna cross the road without holding my mum's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope to see Morbious as cameo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. VENOM AND EDDIE'S RELATIONSHIP IS THE CUTEST THING EVER?????

    ReplyDelete
  20. 0:14 man this live action Ratatouille remake is looking great

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really love the idea of eddie and venom just being buddies that live with each other

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please.... I'm begging you. Make this one R-rated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In this pandemic with no streaming I highly doubt that

      Delete
  23. 0:30 "ta dah" I love this part ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  24. 0:31 Me trying to make my mom breakfast on Mother’s Day

    ReplyDelete
  25. The amount of times I have watched this trailer is unhealthy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. the cast shows JK simmons playing J Jonah Jameson this movie is gonna be insane

    ReplyDelete
  27. 2:07 holy shi that's some wallpaper worthy shiz man

    ReplyDelete
  28. 0:30 still better than when I try to make my own breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the dynamic of Venom and Eddie. To think their the same guy!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. 1:28 wow cletus squashes a spider such subtle imagery

    ReplyDelete
  31. Are we just gonna ignore the fact that Venom is thoughtful enough to make breakfast for Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  32. Carnage lookin really brutal from what we see in this. I can’t wait to see more of him!

    ReplyDelete
  33. That shot of Carnage looks so good, I’m psyched.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I clicked faster then highschool relationships

    ReplyDelete
  35. “Neither one of us can survive without the other. Forget host, forget symbiote. There is only CARNAGE!”

    -Carnage

    ReplyDelete
  36. “When I get outta here, and I will...there’s gonna be Carnage.”

    ReplyDelete
  37. dude hes literally perfect for cletus, hes the guy i always imagined playing him oh my god its perfect its fucking perfect

    ReplyDelete
  38. Really want Venom to be dark like Nolan's Batman movies, but family friendly will do.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Stay informed!