The internet mourns Dolly Parton and Tim Curry on the same day | Find a Way

The internet mourns Dolly Parton and Tim Curry on the same day

Fans remember two unforgettable talents and cultural icons.
By on
The internet mourns Dolly and Tim Credit: Louisiana Girls

Two beloved entertainment icons, born just three months apart in 1946, died at the same age on the same day. Country music legend Dolly Parton and British actor Tim Curry both died at age 80 on Aug. 25, prompting an outpouring of grief and disbelief over the coincidence from fans online. Parton, born Jan. 19, 1946, died in Nashville after a brief battle with cancer. Curry, born April 19, 1946, died at his Los Angeles home. News of Curry's death broke the following day. The pair occupied vastly different corners of pop culture, but each amassed devoted, multigenerational fan bases over careers spanning decades: Parton through her music, acting, philanthropy and unmistakable persona, and Curry through scene-stealing performances in cult classics including "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" and "Clue."

Dolly Parton dies at 80 after brief cancer battle

Parton's death was announced Aug. 25 by her nephew Bryan Seaver in a video shared to the country star's social media accounts. Representatives for Parton later confirmed that the "Jolene" singer died at Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center in Nashville after a brief battle with cancer, surrounded by loved ones.

Parton had openly discussed health struggles in the months leading up to her death, including postponing and missing appearances while receiving treatment.

The Tennessee native became one of the most recognizable figures in country music during a career that produced classics including "Jolene," "Coat of Many Colors," "9 to 5" and "I Will Always Love You." Her influence extended far beyond music through her acting career, Dollywood theme park and philanthropy, including her Imagination Library literacy program.

Tim Curry dies at 80

Curry, the British actor who became a cultural icon as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in 1975's "The Rocky Horror Picture Show," died at his home in Los Angeles at age 80. A cause of death was not immediately disclosed.

Curry's career stretched across theater, film, television and voice acting. Along with "Rocky Horror," he was known for playing Wadsworth in the 1985 comedy "Clue," Pennywise in the 1990 television adaptation of Stephen King's "It" and the suspicious Plaza Hotel concierge in "Home Alone 2: Lost in New York."

The actor suffered a major stroke in 2012 that affected his mobility and left him using a wheelchair, though he continued working and making occasional public appearances in the years that followed.

Fans react to Dolly Parton and Tim curry dying at 80

As news of Curry's death spread Wednesday, fans quickly began pointing out the unusual similarities between the two deaths. 

"We lose Dolly Parton and Tim Curry in the span of 24 hours!?!" one stunned Reddit user wrote. "I'm sure they've gone to a better place…" 

Another Reddit user wrote, "First we lost Dolly and now Tim Curry --- my heart can't take this," attached with a still picture of a Curry from "Home Alone 2."

"Dolly Parton and Tim Curry back-to-back is too much. Man…" another fan wrote on X

Others were struck not only by their shared age but also by the timing. 

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN WE LOST DOLLY PARTON AND TIM CURRY ON BACK TO BACK DAYS," another X user wrote.

The coincidence was particularly notable because Parton and Curry were both born in 1946 – Parton in January and Curry exactly three months later in April – before going on to leave very different but enduring marks on American pop culture.


Matthews Martins

Perhaps facing reality head on is the most honest way to try to escape it.

224 Comments

Stay informed!

  1. And now Peter Cullen

    ReplyDelete
  2. they waited almost two weeks to announce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what?!? I'm just learning now 💔

      Delete
  3. It reminded me of Farrah and Michael passing in the same week. But Tim and Dolly hits so hard for the LGBTQIA+ community.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Farrah died, it was so sad and then I remember being on the red line coming home from work (I think) and everyone seemed to collectively gasp that MJ had died also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took 4 days to announce Leonard Cohen’s death in November 2016
    Sadly, these things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://imgur.com/a/ii92514

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t believe Dolly the day it was announced. I believe she had been gone days prior to the announcement. How could her nephew be that calm announcing to the world that Dolly passed away?

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMW0ybTVjamEyczRkaDc2b2pmMnFnNzA0Z3V6ZjdmZ29kMWQ2Ynh1ZiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/qf9UuB7vNpHc25agxb/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
  9. He’s team knew that Dolly’s Death was gonna cause Tim’s to be overshadowed. So instead of announcing his passing on the same day, they let Dolly have her flowers and then they let Tim have his. And honestly, that much heartbreak in one day would have destroyed billions of people’s hearts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and even then, Peter Cullen died the next day, so Tim still had reduced notice. He was the last of the three that I heard about. Absolutely devastating two days, and the 26th was my wedding anniversary.

      Delete
  10. The way both of them couldn’t outshine each other though. An icon and an icon

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Its also a spin out that Tim was born on the 19th April and Dolly was the 19th of January.. they were only months apart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the memories

    ReplyDelete
  14. Born same year too, no?

    ReplyDelete
  15. My heart🥹🫶🏾

    ReplyDelete
  16. I pray for everyone who died that day. Celebrity is great here, but has nothing to do with what one has in their heart.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beep Beep Richie.. And hello. Ba ba Billy boy. Have a red balloon..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Probably didn't want the same thing to happen that happened when Farrah Fawcett died. She died the same day as Michael Jackson and his death ultimately overshadowed hers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we lost Billy Mays only a few days later and barely anyone noticed.
      https://media0.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExczBqNjkzM2V3OTRkMWNrODBmN3k0Y2lhaTZjN3RkOGozMzE1dnI2MSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/x0d72vcx8mIeUplk4c/giphy.gif

      Delete
  19. I noticed. Waiting on a woman.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Supposedly he died like right before midnight. The day was almost over makes sense that the announcement it the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW! THAT'S NOT AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  22. https://imgur.com/a/DIy2PAz

    ReplyDelete
  23. Resoect. Still sad, but I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't forget Tim Curry such a nice guy rest in peace🙏🏻🙏🏻💯💯

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't! I liked Dolly but absolutely loved Tim!

      Delete
  25. A gentleman, even after the end.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wasn’t the time of death almost midnight? That probably had to do more with the release the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  27. So did Peter Cullen Uhg THREE in one day

    ReplyDelete
  28. they both died on the 25th, my 57th Birthday, I will never be able to look at my Birthday the same way again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww my birthday was 24 August so sad 😢 xxx

      Delete
    2. Shiawase Tanjoubi desu ne!

      Delete
  29. Thats a class act. I thought they did. "Game recognizes game"

    ReplyDelete
  30. We didn’t know it was gonna happen but somebody in the higher chains of command did

    Nothing in Hollywood or the government is ever coincidence

    We really don’t fully understand the evil works they preform behind closed doors but if you paid attention to the “Epstein files you’d understand a lot more how deep it really is

    ReplyDelete
  31. Who cares they are both awesome people

    ReplyDelete
  32. they let Dolly have her day and Tim had his day all respect

    ReplyDelete
  33. How when he didn’t die until 11:32 pm? A simple google search would show everyone how stupid this is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah so you expect them to run out of the room and announce time of death to the masses at the very minute it happens? 😂. They don’t usually announce deaths late at night until the next day.

      Delete
    2. explain to me how they “waited” when he died less than 30 minutes before midnight? Did they know he was going to die August 25th after Dollys was announced? Be real

      Delete
  34. R.I.H. Dolly Parton and Tim Curry, You will be missed very much by many... And you were a GREAT singer/ actress also actor 💔🥹😢😭!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Watching Addams family reunion on YouTube rest in peace Tim Curry 💔😢

    ReplyDelete
  36. Very polite of them to let Dolly take the spotlight that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as Tim would've wanted. Always a gentleman.

      Delete
  37. 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  38. So that’s why I never heard of Tim dying. Same thing happened when Michael passed he stole the headlines from Farrah Elvis stole head lines from Groucho if you ever watched the Devils rejects you get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. um Tim was all over the place the next day. My tiktok and FB are still filled with his death

      Delete
    2. Yes I saw it the next morning and had to Google to make sure it was true. All I've seen is Dolly and him all over both platforms. I can say they are both equally getting recognized

      Delete
    3. I’ve been in MN on vacation I left social media alone to take my kids to Mall of America for this exact reason. Every time I hop online I get depressing news.

      Delete
  39. They either waited to respect her family or it was because he passed that evening

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he passed away approx 10:50pm California time

      Delete
  40. my heartttt 😩😩

    ReplyDelete
  41. Times up! The hell hounds came to collect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if only people knew the truth I know your not wrong also notice how king Charles had the guard do what they did in regards to 9-5 that says enough alone right there

      Delete
  42. https://media2.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExdTgyOWExeHJjNHp3MHQ3bTNqaDk3MHpncDBiYnN0dTVtbXZha3lwYSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/oDXiRdueeFtE4/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
  43. Dont forget the transformers guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t think he died on the same day as them.

      Delete
  44. So essentially Tim Curry pulled a Farrah Fawcett

    ReplyDelete
  45. Both Born same year and died same year and day how rare.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Don’t like putting Tim with Dolly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Death didn't seem to mind.

      Delete
  47. Same day as Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson 😭💔

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait really ? I should know that.

      Delete
  48. Nobody in their right mind gaf about either. IT'S ALL OF THEM‼️‼️‼️

    ReplyDelete
  49. https://media1.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExYWw3NGhkc2syeGg3YXV4aXkwY3U1dGRsbDAwcDdoMTRubmd5NTI5ayZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/xUOxf9TUjiMXTLbl4Y/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
  50. good riddance poison pusher dolly !😆👏⚰️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the tranny deceiver deserved everything he gets, especially for pushing and promoting the poisonous death jabs that are responsible for killing millions of people and children worldwide
      yep😆👏⚰️

      Delete
    2. Omg I love it!!!! I thought I was the only one!!!! Not everyone kissed the ground she walked on!!!!

      Delete
    3. facts over feelings !😆👏⚰️

      Delete
    4. facts over
      feelings !😆👏⚰️

      Delete
  51. Lost two great people that day

    ReplyDelete
  52. God needed two of his favorite angels to join him. May they both RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I wish they would stop controlling what we hear or see. Tim Curry deserved to be honored and credited the day he passed regardless of Dolly's death. People are capable of loving and missing BOTH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i was upset that i didnt hear of his passing the day of .. but as others have stated he died at almost midnight .. this way, Tim Curry also got his own day for people to mourn and remember him !! 🖤🖤 i wasnt a Dolly Parton fan but i LOVED Tim Curry !!

      Delete
    2. it's called, RESPECT

      Delete
    3. he passed at almost midnight. Also, I can guarantee that Tim would have said it himself to let Dolly have her day. He was a true gentleman and that's why Dolly took him as her plus 1

      Delete
  54. God I hope there's no more leaving us this year! It's been too bad and hard! The only good part is they went to heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  55. https://imgur.com/a/JfQVffL

    ReplyDelete
  56. Both icons in their own ways... sadly missed 💔

    ReplyDelete
  57. Sadly pass I guarantee you both of them are glad to be gone from this pathetic life and world

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must be popular at parties

      Delete
    2. it’s all about perspective isn’t it. 😉

      Delete
  58. I read that Tim wrote goodbye notes to four ppl before he passed. He wrote one to Dolly after she had already passed and he learned of the news. He wrote that he would be seeing her again very soon. Not sure if or how much of it is true, but made me feel a lil better

    ReplyDelete
  59. And Optimus Prime (Peter Cullen) passed away the day after ☹ three legends all gone within the same week

    ReplyDelete
  60. Smart move. Poor Farrah was done dirty. We loved our angel.
    https://imgur.com/a/6lo0KV3

    ReplyDelete
  61. Don’t forget about Peter Cullen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. didn't die the same day. It was the day after

      Delete
  62. That was the day we lost beauty and the beast

    ReplyDelete
  63. Smart ,more recognition 👏....definitely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Farrah…..
      https://imgur.com/a/6lo0KV3

      Delete
  64. Once again the wrong 80 year old has died

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe living longer is his curse, having to live with what he had done

      Delete
    2. His brain is in no state to ever realise 'what he has done' and truly deeply experience consequences for it.

      And the rest of you in the US do have to live with the consequences for every day he is still in charge.

      Delete
    3. Maybe it’s OUR punishment!

      Delete
    4. Well can he stop doing stuff 😭

      Delete
    5. They tend to come in threes 🤞🏻

      Delete
    6. And the wrong cast member from Home Alone 2. For the second time this year after Katherine O’Hara passed.

      Delete
    7. As did Brenda Fricker

      Delete
    8. Damn. I'm Irish and we love her here but I forgot that she died this year. How unjust that three cast members of Home Alone 2 have died this year but the paedophile in chief is still here. Dolly's death came without warning. Maybe Donnie's will too and we will just get a notification suddenly that he has died.

      Delete
    9. God can do the funniest thing Tomortow

      Delete
    10. It’s like Death is just skimming the order.

      “80 year old, got it.”

      “80 year old from Home Alone 2, at the Plaza Hotel, fuck. My bad, I got this.”

      “80 year old from Home Alone 2, at the Plaza Hotel, American… fuuccckkkk.”

      Delete
    11. Well 3 people from home alone 2 died this year so far, sooooooo

      Delete
    12. -“80 year old from Home Alone 2, at the Plaza Hotel, American… got it!”

      -“That was Joe Pesci, you dumb fuck!“

      -“Well, i've interpreted as 80-something. Be more specific, for crying out loud!“

      Delete
    13. Get that evil out of your mouth boy

      https://i.imgur.com/CuncaKG.gif

      Delete
    14. I will laugh if the Don ends up in the news tomorrow because of this. And it would confirm that Norm MacDonald took over the mantle of Death.

      Delete
    15. Canada is making him so mad, he may just explode.

      Delete
    16. Haven’t heard about anyone spontaneously combusting in a while. Feel like we’re over due

      Delete
    17. No one would be happy if Harrison Ford passed.

      Delete
    18. He was 80, born 1946 same year as Dolly

      Delete
    19. Lmao no he wasn’t. That’s so easily Googleable. He was born in 1942.

      People on Reddit will do anything except do the work themselves

      Delete
    20. He's not an 80-year-old. He's 84.

      But apart from that, I agree, of course.

      Delete
    21. Yes. Born in 1942. A few months older than Joe Biden.

      Harrison Ford was already in his 30s when he became famous. That's one big reason why he seems younger than he is.

      Fun fact: he was only 12 years younger than Sean Connery when they played father and son in the third Indiana Jones.

      Delete
  65. And octomus prime died as well

    ReplyDelete
  66. A few days from the anniversary of someone close to me who died at 80.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Also, both of them were born on the 19th day of their birth months of the same year!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Tim Curry is Dolly’s Farrah Fawcette

    ReplyDelete
  69. So Pavarotti and L'Engle did die on September 2007 on the same day!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Yes! So sad. I actually won $25 back in 1979 for a Frank N Further lookalike costume contest. Big money back then for teenaged me . And a big honor❤️‍🩹

    ReplyDelete
  71. What if they were the same person?

    ReplyDelete
  72. Just an ordinary coincidence

    ReplyDelete
  73. He probably just really wanted to hang out with her. I don't blame him.

    ReplyDelete
  74. What a coincidence

    ReplyDelete
  75. Two beloved 80-year-old icons.

    As opposed to...well... you know.

    ReplyDelete
  76. https://i.imgur.com/vmEhZJc.gif

    ReplyDelete
  77. Many people die the same age a day away from each other

    ReplyDelete
  78. At 80? Not really crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  79. They died on the SAME DAY

    ReplyDelete
  80. And BOTH had amazing hair.

    I don't think it's a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
  81. While sad, it’s not that crazy. A dozen people with a Wikipedia page die every day or two, and 80 is a pretty common age-at-death.

    ReplyDelete
  82. how the FUCK did dolly parton get outlived by trump?

    ReplyDelete
  83. Dolly was a dime piece

    ReplyDelete
  84. Why did it have to happen on my fucking birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ur birthdays dont exist anymore they are all dolly days

      Delete
  85. They say it always comes in threes. I wonder who's going to be the next 80 year old celebrity to die

    Update: Peter Cullen (the voice actor of Optimus Prime) passed away recently too although he was 85.

    ReplyDelete
  86. Why it couldn’t be Trump

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of retarded shitheads like you who live in an echo chamber constantly in tears always with one man on your mind

      Delete
    2. You’d like to do that I’m sure, but I don’t sleep with morons

      Delete
    3. third time's a charm. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  87. Wow, so Mr Curry is dead too? First I've heard of it. Sad to hear, even though his health was not good in recent years.

    ReplyDelete
  88. I was driving home and switched the radio to hear "Jolene" playing, and got a sinking feeling. And dismissed it as doomerism before the song was over, and then the DJ came on and announced her death. Crappy way to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  89. They don't really share anything in common other than being famous and fairly old?

    ReplyDelete
  90. Wait Tim Curry died?

    ReplyDelete
  91. Can somebody go check on Cher

    ReplyDelete
  92. He passed away yesterday on the 25th as well, I thought it was today to.

    ReplyDelete
  93. They were born a few months apart, died a day apart, and live their lives as camp icons.

    ReplyDelete
  94. I wonder exactly how close their deaths were.

    ReplyDelete
  95. She looks so different back then. No plastic surgery back then

    ReplyDelete
  96. I found out Shelley Fabares died on Saturday and it was from a stock sub-Reddit. blogs

    ReplyDelete
  97. Two great performers who supported great causes are gone. May their legacy live on forever in music and film

    ReplyDelete
  98. Imagine if Trump outlived this entire comment section

    ReplyDelete
  99. Of all Home Alone 2 cast members born in 1946 to die...

    ReplyDelete
  100. It was the same day, Curry's death was just announced today.

    ReplyDelete
  101. This is how I find out? Dang. He was great in Clue and Home Alone 2. RIP.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Tim Curry also died on the 25th. It seems he died shortly before midnight though

    ReplyDelete
  103. All the whimsy is leaving

    ReplyDelete
  104. The same day* actually 💔

    ReplyDelete
  105. They both passed on the 25th, same day, just announced a day apart.

    ReplyDelete
  106. I loved Dolly, but Tim Curry dying is just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  107. Or were they the same person?!?! Has anybody ever seen both of them in the same room?

    ReplyDelete
  108. Just wait til you find out how many other people died yesterday… or any day for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  109. Actually Tim curry died at 11:32 in his LA home on August 25. He died the same day Dolly did.

    ReplyDelete
  110. I don't think this is that notable... If they both died at 41, sure. But they basically both died at the average American life expectancy... so it's just two famous people died the same day...

    ReplyDelete
  111. 2026 just keeps taking them! Sadly

    ReplyDelete
  112. If you haven’t already seen Clue, you should watch it. It is a very funny Tim Curry filled film.

    ReplyDelete
  113. Satan collecting what's due...

    ReplyDelete
  114. I’m reading that he actually died yesterday, so they did hours apart.

    ReplyDelete
  115. “I haven’t kept up with him lately but I thought Tim Curry was still alive”…oh

    ReplyDelete
  116. Same day, he died last night.

    ReplyDelete
  117. Reading through these comments reminds me of the episode of Gilmore Girls where Fran died and they were discussing who would be next. Yall are going to be stressed for the rest of your lives 🤣

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post