Billy Porter gives powerful response to Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation.

 

Billy Porter gives powerful response to Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation


Billy Porter has a truly impressive way with words.

Following Amy Coney Barrett's official confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday, James Corden asked the Late Late Show guest to share his thoughts, given concerns that Barrett's appointment could strip rights from members of the LGBTQ community — and Porter made his feelings abundantly clear.

"I'm not scared of these people," says the actor in the clip above. "I'm a Black man living in America. My people came through slavery. She don't scare me. She don't scare me at all, none of them scare me. Because love always wins. It may take some time, and we, on the other side, have to get used to understanding that the fight never ends.

"You know Frederick Douglas says eternal vigilance is the price of liberty? I am a vigilante, and the rest of us should be too."

Mashable

Comments

  1. ACB will base her decisions onthe. Writings of our founding fathers. They were brilliant thoughtful men who lived under tyrany and knew how bad that was. I Have faith she will read the law well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Love of freedom and nation

      Delete
  2. Love DOESN'T always win in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could believe Billy. But love doesn’t always win or it takes so long to win that it’s victory is pointless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep...that's why the Republicans should win. They love people - they don't riot, and steal...

    ReplyDelete
  5. WE HAVE TO FIGHT.... HARD!!!
    BE RUTHLESS FOR RUTH !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If loves win we can't play it with hateness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, not without someone being scared to death and fighting hard for it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. We let our guard down. Not ever again. Vigilantes indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love may win (whatever that means) but Love doesnt sign supreme court decisions. I understand it's important to keep positive, but ignoring a problem by calling out "love always wins" doesnt really sound like a constructive attitude towards this, does it now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It annoys me much like when someone says “I don’t see color” instead of I see many colors and they are beautiful.

      Delete
    2. love will pack the court!

      Delete
  10. let's hope THAT is true......

    ReplyDelete
  11. except when they can affect laws

    ReplyDelete
  12. No, Love is bigger, no hatred or anger. It does not differentiate colors.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Stay informed!