DoorDash suffers widespread outage, users hit social media
Doordash had a rough Sunday night dinner.
The delivery company experienced online issues on Sunday, with users reporting problems with the app, including ordering and checkout, according to Downdetector. Beginning around 6 p.m. ET in cities across the U.S., the core outage persisted for approximately two hours, with reports continuing until 10 p.m. ET.

A DoorDash spokesperson told Mashable: "DoorDash has resolved a technical issue that temporarily impacted the ability to place orders on our mobile app. We apologize for the brief disruption and thank everyone for their patience."
The company's help account on X has been responding to tweets. Users affected can also get help through the DoorDash app by tapping the "contact support" tool to chat with a human agent; the option is also available on desktop.
As tends to happen during an internet platform disruption, users headed to social media to vent — it especially being a Love Island night.
This Tweet is currently unavailable. It might be loading or has been removed.
DoorDash's issue follows a similar technical disruption that affected the app on June 16. And it's not the only service interruption that has had the internet abuzz this month, with Disney+ and Meta platforms Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp suffering global outages.
UPDATE: Jun. 29, 2026, 4:54 p.m. UTC Added DoorDash statement.
Topics Apps & Software


What is going on today with DoorDash now
ReplyDeleteIs anyone not able to sign up to drive for Sunday and today Monday (7/3 and 7/4)?
ReplyDeleteI’m not able to ethier? Idk what’s going on
DeleteThey have been trying to find a shopper for my target order for over 30 mins
ReplyDeleteToo hot for this sh*t. I need WATER, DoorCrash.
ReplyDeletePayment errors, and then says "temporarily closed." I think the site is down right now in some areas but not sure.
ReplyDeletewas finally able to place my order, then it was cancelled shortly after saying to check my email for details on the cancellation. it's been 10 minutes now with no email, refund or credits on my account
ReplyDeleteOrdered from a different restaurant and finally got a confirmation! There shall be pasta and steak tonight! Party at my place!
ReplyDeletegot my hibachi with my deep fried Oreos in Florida 😩
ReplyDeleteXDDDDDDD
Deletedid you receive it or did the order just go through? if so how long has it been through?
DeleteDomino's it is, I guess. At least their payment processing works.
ReplyDeleteat this point we might as well go to ubereats
ReplyDeleteYour order was canceled 😞
ReplyDeletenot working for me.
ReplyDeleteGetting the payment error across multiple cards and also dealing with the "temporarily closed" issue at multiple locations.
ReplyDeleteGo without me. I'll just slow you down. It's ok, Godspeed to you all!
She says, while curled in the fetal position, and clutching her stomach in pain
I had to back all the way out of the restaurant I was trying to order from, then it wiped my order and let me put everything back and successfully order
ReplyDeletejust closing and reopening the app did not work for me. So if you still can't order try backing out to the main page and going back into where ordering from
Got my dinner ordered! From Peoria Illinois
ReplyDeleteAlright! Got my curry comin!
ReplyDeletei predict it'll be cancelled in a few minutes
DeletePrognosticator of prognosticators! You were correct.
DeleteOrder went through but got canceled. SO CLOSE
ReplyDeleteStill down here in long beach ca. send help i just want my gumbo
ReplyDeleteaalso down here across the country in ri
Deletei'm starving bro i'm shrivelling up and dying
ReplyDeleteI fear I’ve early shriveled beyond recognition
DeleteWell, this just sucks. At least I have frozen food and an airfryer.
ReplyDeleteThe gates have been lifted my fellow big backs. Rejoice in light of the Dasher
ReplyDeleteIt says it’s temporary closed now
DeleteYou have to schedule ahead same thing happened to me
DeleteBut I want it today not tmr😭
DeleteNevermind I think they are getting canceled anyway😭
DeleteEveryone is slowly shutting down
DeleteStill having issues
ReplyDeletewe back chat #neverstarving
ReplyDeleteMine still shows everything is temporarily closed. Hour 1 my body is starting to weaken, my breathing has slowed. Please, I need my mozzarella cheese sticks.
ReplyDeleteUpdate: WE ARE SAVED
2nd Update: We are not yet saved🫠
My mo- uh, wife Kat is VERY upset that we can't get our late night burger snacks. I also need the site to work for tomorrow so I can order food for my review show otherwise I won't be able to incentivize people to come to my streams and donate to watch me open card packs and maintain a party-like atmosphere.
ReplyDeleteThis is very NOT chill.
Scratch that.... they canceled it.
ReplyDeleteOmg, that kinda sucks even worse 😭 hugs in solidarity
ReplyDeleteBack up yall continue your big backery!
ReplyDeleteliar... tried ordering and it got cancelled
DeleteAs I’m sitting here eating my Taco Bell order lol
DeleteALRIGHT SOMEONE LET ME KNOW WHEN ORDERS IN SC START GOING THROUGH!
ReplyDeleteThey going through
DeleteYESSSSS!!!! :)
DeleteI thought their app was kinda of crappy before and to be down with out known fix is really bad.
ReplyDeleteWe're saved!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou lied
Deletenuh uh i have a burger on a direct trajectory to my location sorry for your loss
DeleteTry it again. Here in ohio, and ours finally went through.. woo woo.
ReplyDeleteBoooooooooo!!
ReplyDeletehttps://downdetector.com/status/doordash/
Also getting the "Whoops error" message while trying to check out. Washington State.
ReplyDeleteOKAY EVERYBODY MY CHICKEN SANDO ORDER WENT THROUGH! Carry on as you were!
ReplyDeleteGurl watch yo back, im coming to take that sando.
Deletedid it get rejected after, cause that just happened to me and they cancelled it LMFAO
DeleteWAHOO!!!!
DeleteAha sorry miles! I was hangry bro! Much love! Peace out!
DeleteLOL understandable. No chicken sandwich will do that to you!!
DeleteYO LEMME HAVE MY BOBA TEA
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS NOT WHY I SPEND THOUSANDS ON DOORDASH EVERY MONTH THEY BETTER HURRY UP ALREADY
ReplyDeleteTHOUSANDS??? 😦 dude food service workers fear you
DeleteWHAT THD
ReplyDeleteI just want my fkn pizza
ReplyDeleteBruh I still want that damn chicken sando
ReplyDeletePopeyes spicy?
Deleteif you think really hard about eating a chicken sandwich maybe it will almost be like the real thing
Delete😒 miles sybau
DeleteLMAOOO
DeleteDD downnn nooo I gotta go order my big back meal in person now ugh
ReplyDeleteAyeee its back up!
Deletei want that got damn taco bell so bad u dont even understand im on the freaking edge rn
ReplyDeleteLmao that’s what I was trynna order too I’m feigning for some Taco Bell lol
Deletetaco bell wants you too <3
DeleteSEND HELP WIFE IS STARVING
ReplyDeleteYou're on your own brother. We'll remember you.
DeleteIIIIIINNNNN THEEEE ARRRMMMMSSSS OF AN ANGEELLLLLLL
DeleteShe has a knife rn
DeleteFLYYY AWAYYYYY
DeleteOh man I did already indeed🪽
Deletedoordash, Google maps, apple maps, grubhub, uber eats, and apple find my iphone are all down.
ReplyDeleteseems like a location service outage
Armageddon!
Deletepossible attack on location services maybe?
DeleteSoooo everyone’s DoorDash was is down??! It’s not just me
ReplyDeleteLMFAOOO im on here asking evb same sht im hungry af
DeleteLmao I had to use Uber Eats
Deletesitting here hungry as shit. they ain’t got no problem taking mfs money but can’t tell nb when the app down😭
DeleteLikeeee
DeleteI got that damn dash pass for a reason they gmfu
DeleteLmao I had to use Uber Eats
DeleteMy one day off a week thought I'd treat my gf to some nice food with my credits and a movie... nvm
ReplyDeleteAgreed
DeleteLeast you still have a girlfriend and a movie, I have doctor who and my right hand, and im equally foodless
DeleteWell. since we're all here. how are you guys doing
ReplyDeleteGot any food at your place? Maybe y'all could try to make your own creation together for a source of fun..maybe? lol😅
DeleteSad I can’t order my Taco Bell lol
DeleteWas trying to finish out the week strong but I guess I'll just play videogames all day while people don't believe me when I tell them I can't work today
DeleteBesides stupidly hungry? Pretty good I guess, watching doctor who.
DeleteOh hell yeah. I'm laying in bed laughing at some of these comments LOL
DeleteYeah down detector always gets interesting when big services go down.
DeleteAnyone know what's going on
ReplyDeleteY2K, they just got the date wrong. XD
Deletemhm
ReplyDeleteNow it's showing the restaurants that I've tried ordering from are temporarily closed on DD - WTF is going onnnnnnnn
ReplyDeleteCan't order. I'm hungry.
ReplyDeleteI had to order on UberEats…you should be ashamed DoorDash!
ReplyDeleteIt's been 23 minutes since DoorDash went down. I've already checked the app 47 times hoping it was just a bad dream. If this outage continues much longer, I may be forced to interact with my stove. Please send thoughts, prayers, and takeout.
ReplyDeleteUber Eats: "Remember that trip to Mexico with your ex four years ago?"
DeleteMe: "Actually... I think I'll just starve."
When will they fix thiz
ReplyDeleteI',m going to kill myself
ReplyDeletewe'll starve together dw
DeleteThank you friend
Deleteof course bestie
DeleteI can't place orderz with any payment method so frustrating
ReplyDeleteI’m missing the freaking happy hour deal because of this😭
ReplyDeleteim dying of hunger right now and have a fat headache😭😭
DeleteJust keep getting the "Whoops! Something went wrong!" message. This is dire! My teenagers are threatening to stage a mutiny! Send help or preferably tacos!
ReplyDeleteSame! My kids want food. I’m on vacation this week, or shall I say lazy-cation. I’m not going anywhere or doing anything.
DeleteTryna use my credits to buy me some pizza rolls, now im stuck here eating sliced bread and water. Come on doordash I need groceries. South LA near the Texas border.
ReplyDeleteWe're doomed to starvation. Damn you Door Dash!
ReplyDeleteJust use Uber Eats or Grubhub lol
DeleteI have credits they refunded me from the canceled order that I now have to use.
DeleteSome areas like mine don't have those but they have DD
DeleteWell that explains why it’s so dead on a Sunday. I thought they were finally throttling me with a 1% AR
ReplyDeleteI know i was like...are you kidding me! It cant be that dead on a sunday. Now when it comes back up we will get all the cold food orders for people
DeleteI'm literally goin g to die if I don't get food tonight
ReplyDeleteI want my diinnnnnnnerrrrrrrrrrrrr
ReplyDeleteI just wanted my fried chicken
ReplyDeleteNEED FOOD NOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
ReplyDeleteJust want my freaking tacos man. Can’t even order
ReplyDeleteSame here in South Carolina.... I just wanted Pizza 😞
ReplyDeleteI'm in SC too! I am so upset, I have been looking forward to ordering this meal all day!
DeleteI know a slew of on-call engineers are getting that dreaded alarm notification. With it being dinner time on a Sunday.. Yeesh, I wonder if it is DoorDashes infrastructure or a 3rd party like Processing or scaling end like AWS. I feel for you fellow nerd-gineers.
ReplyDeletelooks like other map companies are out
DeleteI see that too, wonder what that means!
DeleteOrdered, it went through, was cancelled a couple of minutes after, haven't been able to place an order ANYWHERE else since then despite getting credits back and "Free direct to you" delivery for an hour.....
ReplyDeleteI just wanted a fried apple pie it's saying some whoops! Error! DONNTTT PMOOO ☹️
ReplyDeleteIt has pmo already I just want my pizza it's too hot to be cooking
DeleteOrdered, it went through, then got canceled and was given a credit to be "used in an hour" and now cant order anything.
ReplyDeleteservers def down, prob whatever handles order placement and/or payment
ReplyDeleteError: Whoops, something went wrong! Please try again. (Has been like this for at least 15 minutes.)
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to get ice cream 😢
ReplyDeleteUnable to complete purchase. Error: Whoops, Oh no! Something went wrong. Please try again later.
ReplyDeleteSame, everywhere.
DeleteSame South jersey
DeleteSame. Washington state
DeleteSame, Chicago
DeleteSame. Philly.
DeleteSame here. South Louisiana
DeleteStuck on the "We sent your order to _ for final confirmation." status page
ReplyDelete