I already seen the "crease less display" have a crease.
I literally am astounded by Apple people who are like "wow apple did amazing with a crease less display" "wow apple did what Samsung couldn't with the under screen camera!" LOL
i will never understand the apple dick eating that goes on with things like this, its a 2000 dollar phone, who asked for this and who needs this, is the question I'd love to know the answer to.
I don’t understand why they don’t make these folding phones in 3 parts instead of 2. Literally a Z.. if I could take my current phone and make it 1/3 the size for 90% of what I do (checking texts, check the time and taking quick pics, or Google Maps directions), and then only open it up when I need to that would be amazing. And apples fixation on thinness would actually have a practical use again.. it’s the same amount of screens as what they’re doing now, three screens, except arranged in a much much more logical way. I feel like these engineers can figure out a double fold
Is Apple off their head with this pricing?? This phone costs ~$3,000 in India. That's 15 months rent for me, and I live in a "fancy" area in a Tier 1 city
I don't see anyone paying this much except tech glazers and rich people buying it to flex
Whatever cool animation and small features can't be worth this much
Nearly $2000/€2200 is fucking expensive for a phone, also in the West. Phones are more than twice as expensive as about 10 years ago, but most people do not make twice as much money. In 2016 I bought the second newest phone for less than $600 .
Haven't phones evolved to be more tall and thinner? Don't get me wrong I like the new form factor but it feels less accessible. It also needlessly shakes up the viewport space for designers, the only reason I can see for it is going for a more blackberry style formfactor.
I’m dreading the day my 13 mini dies. Is there still an iPhone model that fits into a pocket and has a size appropriate for texting and calling instead of watching tik toks?
i’m really hoping the 18 regular launch isn’t “downgraded” because of this new product. i am several models behind and my job is strictly on my phone, so i am seriously counting on this fall’s model being a good one.
i hope they didn’t nerf the 18 pros to focus on the duo. sorry, but no one i know under the age of 70 would ever buy this
It's genuinely amusing how Apple has such an obvious habit of rolling out a (usually clunkier) version of features that other phones have had for years and acting like it's the pinnacle of innovation.
I tried one of the folds for a few days ended up returning it. The hardware was okay, the battery life could have been and the charging speed was was throttled, but honestly for me the problem was software.
You kinda want a slightly different interface on a small tablet from a phone, and most apps hadn't really figured out when and how to switch. So unless you just want a bigger screen for video, most of which are optimized for phones or televisions right now or some verry speciffic games I guess, it wasn't worth the lost battery life at lessr for my usage patterns.
I'm kinda hoping that with more people using these, the software will get optimized. It took a while with smartphones, and these will always be a bit of a more niche product, but apple getting these in a lot of peoples hands will speed things along.
Dislike it. Prefer the fold8 more, but I’m too entrapped in the Apple ecosphere (my daily driver only has CarPlay as well). I’d definitely be using the opened mode at work for sure though.
I love seeing people's comments about what Steve Jobs would think of these phones. It shows that even random people understood Steve Jobs's standards, whereas the guys working at Apple itself either don't get it or just don't care. Do you think they launch a phone and wonder, "Would Steve like this model?" No way—all they think about is the profit they'll make producing low-cost phones.
I can’t even use my regular iPhone with one hand without almost dropping it trying to stretch my thumb across. I’m nearly certain a couple photos from the release video of human hands holding the thing were photoshopped because they didn’t make sense at all. How are you supposed to hold this thing and how is it expected to fit in any reasonably sized pocket?
this is so ugly looking and absolutely none of the features appeal to me. big day for rich people tho, i know my friend who needs the newest iphone every year is gonna salivate when i tell him about this
How come they don’t let you flip it upside down ever? Are smart phones dumb? Like literally let me rotate it 180. Left handed people exist! But seriously, why not? You can charge your phone from top. More options. WHY. It’s insane it’s still like this.
First apple product i have a bad first impression on, the overall shape of in this case. Also interesting to the UI accommodations to the form factor im not immediately impressed. Also first Apple features and product im amazed at how well Samsung has done with their fold in comparison.
I actually want one of these. I need a new iPad but I have been holding out because I don’t use it that much. This could be my new iPad and phone combination. I DO NOT want the first gen tho.
I like how they took an iPad mini and folded it in half. I hate the foldable phones that are just two phones put together and open into a square that’s completely unusable.
I can’t see how a “blackberry pearl” would be more environmentally friendly.
Also (I’m not saying this in a joking or sarcastic manner) there are genuinely a TON of modern “old style” phones and flip phones upgraded to modern tech that are super cool! I found out abt them a few years ago and I’ve seen some reviews of them on YT. If you’re genuinely interested I am sure you’ll be able to find something you’ll like.
THIS: I WANT PHYSICAL BUTTONS. I want a slide smart phone with a keyboard :( I would pay so much money for this. Commenting hoping some big shot tech person reads this and wants to gauge me for my money. That’s how badly I want it :(
Why does Apple insist on these massive radius curved corners? They’ve been a feature on iPhones for many recent years but I don’t like the look of them tbh. I’ve been an iPhone owner for years and I was looking forward to the day they make a foldable version. But the rounded corners on just one side of the phone when folded (on the top right and bottom right of the cover screen) look hideous to me from a design point of view.
I know it’s mostly an aesthetic thing but a form factor like that puts me off buying it altogether. And it’s a waste of screen space in my opinion. I much prefer the Galaxy Z Fold 8 that at least looks like a uniformly cornered device when folded.
I see my Iphone 17 pro max as the culmination of all the iphones technological advancement in one package. I’ll have to wait 3 or 4 years before the Iphone duo gets good for me
Why can’t they just release a new mini?!!? I “upgraded” to an iPhone 16 after I dropped my 13 mini and cracked the screen. I want my mini back! It’s so much nicer. It fits better in my hand and in my pockets.
I miss my little phone for my little lady hands! Sorry, but tech is not made for smaller hands and small pockets forced upon women and it pisses me off.
I thought Apple’s first foldable was the iPhone 6??
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/DZ9Q1aN.gif
Deletehttps://i.imgur.com/nY8Xvtj.gif
Deletelooks like it'll break in three months
ReplyDeleteI already seen the "crease less display" have a crease.
ReplyDeleteI literally am astounded by Apple people who are like "wow apple did amazing with a crease less display" "wow apple did what Samsung couldn't with the under screen camera!" LOL
Personally I’m excited
ReplyDeleteiPhones are getting uglier and uglier. The screens are already too big as is. I miss the minis. My iPhone 16 is too big.
ReplyDeleteThe camera is worse than the base 17. So many downgrades in this device, just why?
ReplyDeleteHonestly, it’s way cheaper to just buy a tablet and a phone. You can get like a Samsung tablet for cheap and an Apple iPhone.
ReplyDeleteIt's only the second foldable iPhone though.
ReplyDeleteEver!?
ReplyDeleteI just want a modern sidekick
ReplyDeleteWhy?
ReplyDeleteI like it
ReplyDeleteit’s cool. i’d like to have one, but i also would never spend 2 grand on a phone
ReplyDeletehappy with my z flip <3
ReplyDeletenot revolutionary samsung already did it
ReplyDeleteFor god’s sake, that’s an iPad
ReplyDeleteits bulky when its folded 2
DeleteiPhad 😂😂😂
DeleteEvery iphone is foldable with enough effort
ReplyDeleteHow would you even go about putting a protective case on this?
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/grhMsaJ
ReplyDeleteCool gadgets
ReplyDeleteNeeds to be a flip phone imo.
ReplyDeleteTruly not interested in iPhones anymore. The cameras are progressively worse, call quality is horrible, lag when using apps and browser. No thanks
ReplyDeleteHow ironic life is. I lived to see Apple copying Samsung.
ReplyDeleteBack in the day, Microsoft used to copy Apple.
Now Apple copies Samsung. Lmao.
"Innovation."
DeleteSteve Jobs would love it.
i will never understand the apple dick eating that goes on with things like this, its a 2000 dollar phone, who asked for this and who needs this, is the question I'd love to know the answer to.
ReplyDeleteThey just made the device from Westworld.
ReplyDeleteUncanny valley type shit...
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/0uxnop5.gif
Only way you can hold it with one hand is if you have 6 fingers, as demonstrated on the right.
DeleteYou must have used all 6 of yours typing this out, wasting your day away 😂
DeleteA crease is the reason why I’ll never get a foldable phone…
ReplyDeleteBruh, wake me up when they make a twistable phone.
ReplyDeleteSamsung already has phones like these?
ReplyDeleteEw
ReplyDeleteI can’t afford it
ReplyDeleteI can't wait for the iPhone Duo3 when they figure out how how to make these practical!
ReplyDeleteThe Apple circle jerk is real with all the "Apple wasn't the first but waited to perfect folding technology" posts
ReplyDeleteI don’t understand why they don’t make these folding phones in 3 parts instead of 2. Literally a Z.. if I could take my current phone and make it 1/3 the size for 90% of what I do (checking texts, check the time and taking quick pics, or Google Maps directions), and then only open it up when I need to that would be amazing. And apples fixation on thinness would actually have a practical use again.. it’s the same amount of screens as what they’re doing now, three screens, except arranged in a much much more logical way. I feel like these engineers can figure out a double fold
ReplyDeleteYeah i really need that large screen with typical suck ass battery to watch youtube and shorts video all day..oh wait a minute
ReplyDeleteNight night
ReplyDeleteI love me some tech, but I certainly wouldn’t feel comfortable walking around town brandishing a £2k phone. I have to draw the line somewhere.
ReplyDeleteWhy can't they make a better version of those Old flip-phones? Instead of whatever ugly mess this is.
ReplyDeleteAll the Apple users that called the Samsung versions stupid will LOVE this
ReplyDeleteI’m happy with my ip17 if I wanted the folded touch screen, I’ll definitely go with Samsung..
ReplyDeleteIs Apple off their head with this pricing?? This phone costs ~$3,000 in India. That's 15 months rent for me, and I live in a "fancy" area in a Tier 1 city
ReplyDeleteI don't see anyone paying this much except tech glazers and rich people buying it to flex
Whatever cool animation and small features can't be worth this much
It’s not made for the average Indian. People in the west can afford it just fine.
DeleteNearly $2000/€2200 is fucking expensive for a phone, also in the West. Phones are more than twice as expensive as about 10 years ago, but most people do not make twice as much money. In 2016 I bought the second newest phone for less than $600 .
DeleteUgly
ReplyDeleteHm...phone or Macbook Pro? These dummies
ReplyDeleteHaven't phones evolved to be more tall and thinner? Don't get me wrong I like the new form factor but it feels less accessible. It also needlessly shakes up the viewport space for designers, the only reason I can see for it is going for a more blackberry style formfactor.
ReplyDeletejust ring back rose gold iphone 8
ReplyDeleteFirst and last
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/GE2pKF7.gif
ReplyDeletefinally.. please take my money apple!!
ReplyDeleteIt’s pretty unnecessary for me as a co summer ti but the apple fold
ReplyDeleteThe border is thick so they can reduce in future versions ?
ReplyDeleteIt looks pretty ugly. What happened to Apples design departement.
ReplyDeleteI’m dreading the day my 13 mini dies. Is there still an iPhone model that fits into a pocket and has a size appropriate for texting and calling instead of watching tik toks?
ReplyDeleteEven though we make jokes about the phone, we are their biggest marketers!
ReplyDeletei think for the crazy price and a camera not as good as the pro series, this is a hard no
ReplyDeleteI can't believe they didn't call it the first folding phone ever
ReplyDeletelooks bad
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a damn ipad when its open.. no.. I dont want this
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeletei’m really hoping the 18 regular launch isn’t “downgraded” because of this new product. i am several models behind and my job is strictly on my phone, so i am seriously counting on this fall’s model being a good one.
i hope they didn’t nerf the 18 pros to focus on the duo. sorry, but no one i know under the age of 70 would ever buy this
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/A5K7DEQ.gif
ReplyDeleteI hate everything about it. It almost makes me want to go back to an old flip phone from the 90s and just use it for T9 texting
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/D7w6zI5
ReplyDeleteApple Duo 😂😂😂
DeleteIt's genuinely amusing how Apple has such an obvious habit of rolling out a (usually clunkier) version of features that other phones have had for years and acting like it's the pinnacle of innovation.
ReplyDeleteI just want apple to bring back iPods. Something with no cameras, no apps, just some basic tech where we are not spied on.
ReplyDeleteI tried one of the folds for a few days ended up returning it. The hardware was okay, the battery life could have been and the charging speed was was throttled, but honestly for me the problem was software.
ReplyDeleteYou kinda want a slightly different interface on a small tablet from a phone, and most apps hadn't really figured out when and how to switch. So unless you just want a bigger screen for video, most of which are optimized for phones or televisions right now or some verry speciffic games I guess, it wasn't worth the lost battery life at lessr for my usage patterns.
I'm kinda hoping that with more people using these, the software will get optimized. It took a while with smartphones, and these will always be a bit of a more niche product, but apple getting these in a lot of peoples hands will speed things along.
Is it bad I kinda like it 😔
ReplyDeleteFor all that money, I’ll just get a couple of MacBook Folds
ReplyDeleteDislike it. Prefer the fold8 more, but I’m too entrapped in the Apple ecosphere (my daily driver only has CarPlay as well). I’d definitely be using the opened mode at work for sure though.
ReplyDeleteFirst *intentionally foldable iPhone ever
ReplyDeletebring back the mini for heavens sake
ReplyDeleteAwesome!
ReplyDeleteI don’t get what the attraction is here
ReplyDelete2k for a iPhone is insane in this economy!
ReplyDelete“No”
ReplyDeleteWhy
ReplyDeleteI have very little interest in this, and even less at this price point.
ReplyDeleteSteve jobs is turning in his grave seeing this ugly bs
ReplyDelete😂😂😂😂😂😂
DeleteI love seeing people's comments about what Steve Jobs would think of these phones. It shows that even random people understood Steve Jobs's standards, whereas the guys working at Apple itself either don't get it or just don't care. Do you think they launch a phone and wonder, "Would Steve like this model?" No way—all they think about is the profit they'll make producing low-cost phones.
DeleteThat’s some Pyramid shit from the Office right there
ReplyDeleteI don’t get fold phones - it’s not a tablet and it’s too big for a phone
ReplyDeleteHorrifying
ReplyDeleteimagine it folded hot dog style
ReplyDeleteSo it’s like a regular iPhone but less convenient and twice as expensive.
ReplyDeleteI’m waiting for the reincarnation of the sidekick
ReplyDeleteAren’t they like 7 years late to this fad?
ReplyDeleteBut, why
ReplyDeleteOk..
ReplyDeleteI can’t even use my regular iPhone with one hand without almost dropping it trying to stretch my thumb across. I’m nearly certain a couple photos from the release video of human hands holding the thing were photoshopped because they didn’t make sense at all. How are you supposed to hold this thing and how is it expected to fit in any reasonably sized pocket?
ReplyDeleteFinally 🙌🏼
ReplyDeleteGenuinely I don’t understand why people want this
ReplyDeleteFinally a solid apple fold phone.
ReplyDeleteI don’t know a single person who is interested in this. Especially not at $2,000 for the base model.
ReplyDeleteI believe we peaked in the 2000s with scene kids and their Sidekicks and we've been chasing that high ever since
ReplyDeleteMy sidekick slide was everything to me as a scene queen. It took 10 min to load my MySpace page, but it was worth it!
DeleteI could honestly give a flying fuck about a new, over priced phone.
ReplyDeleteTrump raped children
ReplyDeleteWhile he worked with epstein.
DeleteKiller
ReplyDeletethis is so ugly looking and absolutely none of the features appeal to me. big day for rich people tho, i know my friend who needs the newest iphone every year is gonna salivate when i tell him about this
ReplyDeleteApple unveils iPhone Surface Duo 2.0
ReplyDeleteIt’s fugly and I hate it 💅🏾
ReplyDeleteWeirdest design
ReplyDeleteMy concern is rather what’s the battery life for that one?
ReplyDeleteUnprecedented design. Apple always leading the pack.
ReplyDelete$3500 for creased shit, pass
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/xn9dGf2
ReplyDeleteThis persons hand is not fucking right.
Salad fingers' phone.
Deletehttps://imgur.com/a/ZWsO80P
DeleteThis display is 1/2 an inch wider
Wow super late to the game as usual. Can't wait to see what kind of chuds line up to buy this.
ReplyDeleteWeird re-attempt at a tablet which won’t sell
ReplyDeleteleave iphone alone
ReplyDeleteHow come they don’t let you flip it upside down ever? Are smart phones dumb? Like literally let me rotate it 180. Left handed people exist! But seriously, why not? You can charge your phone from top. More options. WHY. It’s insane it’s still like this.
ReplyDeleteI just can’t fathom why they made it a book style fold instead of a flip phone fold
ReplyDeleteTim apple was like deuces before this emerged and good call on his part for sure
ReplyDeleteI think the only iPhone news that would excite me is if they brought back headphone jacks
ReplyDeleteWhy is it shaped so oddly?
ReplyDeleteMy free TCL Flip Phone has perfect reception and works like a charm.
ReplyDeleteI’m geeked about this but gonna wait until they work out all the kinks
ReplyDeleteWhere does my pop socket go?
ReplyDeleteGross
ReplyDeleteThey should have released three folding phones: the Duo, the Uno (a clamshell or Flip-style foldable), and the Trio (a tri-fold phone).
ReplyDeleteI don’t think I like this.
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/rdzwaBu.gif
ReplyDeleteHow much will it cost?
That's not a phone. That's a foldable iPad.
ReplyDeleteIt's the phone with the iPad—it's the iPhode or iPhad 😂😂😂😂
DeleteIs this the cybertruck of phones?
ReplyDeleteThe “no crease” and “use Apple Pencil” just solidified 8 years of Samsung phones as prototypes 🤭
ReplyDeleteApple is becoming gimmicky.
ReplyDeleteBring back the real flip phones or don't. Stop folding tablets.
ReplyDeleteFirst apple product i have a bad first impression on, the overall shape of in this case. Also interesting to the UI accommodations to the form factor im not immediately impressed. Also first Apple features and product im amazed at how well Samsung has done with their fold in comparison.
ReplyDeleteSamsung did it first as they have done with everything else - sincerely an iPhone user
ReplyDeleteMicrosoft Duo
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/a9tagoZ
I actually want one of these. I need a new iPad but I have been holding out because I don’t use it that much. This could be my new iPad and phone combination. I DO NOT want the first gen tho.
ReplyDeleteYeah, never buy any first gen Apple products, third gen is when they mostly ironed out the kinks, fifth gen is when you get a good deal.
Deletehttps://i.imgur.com/7iZYX5t.gif
ReplyDeleteI like how they took an iPad mini and folded it in half. I hate the foldable phones that are just two phones put together and open into a square that’s completely unusable.
ReplyDeleteI just want a Blackberry Pearl. I’m tired of this “innovation”. Why can’t they be more technologically innovative when it comes to the environment!!!
ReplyDeleteI can’t see how a “blackberry pearl” would be more environmentally friendly.
DeleteAlso (I’m not saying this in a joking or sarcastic manner) there are genuinely a TON of modern “old style” phones and flip phones upgraded to modern tech that are super cool! I found out abt them a few years ago and I’ve seen some reviews of them on YT. If you’re genuinely interested I am sure you’ll be able to find something you’ll like.
Comment deleted by user
DeleteMe?
DeleteOmg my Pearl is the only phone I ever missed 😭😭😭
DeleteCheck out the minimalist 2 phone coming out!
DeleteBRING BACK THE SIDEKICK.
DeleteI miss a physical keyboard.
THIS: I WANT PHYSICAL BUTTONS. I want a slide smart phone with a keyboard :( I would pay so much money for this. Commenting hoping some big shot tech person reads this and wants to gauge me for my money. That’s how badly I want it :(
DeleteThere are a few options out there for you if you want that.
Deletei miss my sidekick ‘08 so much
DeleteI had the sidekick slide. I miss the keyboard so much.
DeleteI’m not buying it but also not mad at it.
ReplyDeleteAs always, late.
ReplyDeleteWhy
ReplyDeleteWhy does Apple insist on these massive radius curved corners? They’ve been a feature on iPhones for many recent years but I don’t like the look of them tbh. I’ve been an iPhone owner for years and I was looking forward to the day they make a foldable version. But the rounded corners on just one side of the phone when folded (on the top right and bottom right of the cover screen) look hideous to me from a design point of view.
ReplyDeleteI know it’s mostly an aesthetic thing but a form factor like that puts me off buying it altogether. And it’s a waste of screen space in my opinion. I much prefer the Galaxy Z Fold 8 that at least looks like a uniformly cornered device when folded.
Guys I think it's the best time to try a google pixel now
ReplyDeleteI see my Iphone 17 pro max as the culmination of all the iphones technological advancement in one package. I’ll have to wait 3 or 4 years before the Iphone duo gets good for me
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/7cmdJiM
ReplyDeleteMissed opportunity to call it the iFold.
ReplyDeleteA random person on the blog is more brilliant than the people working at Apple. Brilliant.
DeleteBring back physical qwerty keyboards with actual buttons!
ReplyDeletejesus who fucking cares i need healthcare
ReplyDeleteShould’ve left it to Samsung. I’d rather have both my iPhone and the cute little Samsung flip then upgrade my iPhone to this
ReplyDeleteThe iPhone 6 was actually the first foldable iPhone
ReplyDeleteThe iPhone 6 was actually the real iPhone
DeleteQUIT PLAYING AND BRING BACK THE MINI 🗣️
ReplyDeleteWhy can’t they just release a new mini?!!?
ReplyDeleteI “upgraded” to an iPhone 16 after I dropped my 13 mini and cracked the screen. I want my mini back! It’s so much nicer. It fits better in my hand and in my pockets.
I miss my little phone for my little lady hands! Sorry, but tech is not made for smaller hands and small pockets forced upon women and it pisses me off.
DeleteIf there’s even a hint of a crease it’s a hard pass for me.
ReplyDeleteIs this what the plants crave?
ReplyDeleteYeah I’m not paying over $2000 for this
ReplyDeleteSo who said folding it like a book was a good idea. It has to be a handheld flip! This is just a micro iPad...
ReplyDeletethe first foldable IPHONE!!!!!! You act like they invented this but they are years behind
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile Samsung had already released 8 generations of the fold and even had a 3 screen foldable phone, once apple was a trend setter.
ReplyDeleteMissed the opportunity to call it the Apple Turnover
ReplyDeleteThis made me laugh so much harder than it should have.
DeleteMicrosoft just got name robbed
Deletehuh? the microsoft turnover?
Deletehttps://news.microsoft.com/surfaceduo/
Deleteohhhhhhh i feel so dumb haha
DeleteMicrosoft was again on the right path but wrong timing and execution
Deletethats their whole thing lmao
Deletereading your comment, I just realized that microsoft is a good word to insult someone, "yeaa, he is micro and soft".
DeleteGive this person a job
DeleteThis!
DeleteWait until iPhone Duo 2 when they add back Face ID and MagSafe.
ReplyDeleteFolding iPad with cellular
ReplyDeleteThis is such a dumb product
ReplyDeleteWhy’s it so short folded. Weird choice
ReplyDeleteI hate it
ReplyDeleteBut why?
ReplyDeleteI’m not sure about this one, think is going to break easily
ReplyDeletehttps://i.imgur.com/6BLk5dB.gif
ReplyDelete