Apple's smallest new iPhone will be called iPhone 12 mini, leaker claims.

 

Apple's smallest new iPhone will be called iPhone 12  mini, leaker claims


With Apple's iPhone event (probably) happening next month, we have a pretty good idea about the phones the company's about to launch. Most of the reports agree that we'll see four new iPhones, the most Apple has ever launched at one time. 

But now, often-accurate leaker L0vetodream (via 9to5Mac) has some interesting information on what the new iPhones will be called. 


In a tweet, he said the smallest and cheapest new iPhone, the 5.4-inch variant, will be called iPhone 12 mini (it's unclear whether the lack of space between "12" and "mini" is deliberate, but it wouldn't be typical for Apple's product naming). 


The 6.1-inch version will be called iPhone 12, while the more powerful 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch variants will be called iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max, respectively. 

It makes sense, as it echoes the iPad's naming scheme (even though there's no "Max" iPad Pro), and a phone with a 5.4-inch display truly is a "mini" phone nowadays.


Previous reports mostly agree on the display sizes, but the naming is new. From what we've heard so far, all four new iPhones will have OLED displays, all will have Apple's new A14 chip, and all will support 5G. The Pro variants are likely to have a 120Hz display refresh rate as well as LiDAR (like the latest iPad Pro models), among other improvements. 

Comments

  1. Imagine that a phone that fits in your pocket

    https://media1.tenor.co/images/5e7b67e88501bdb088d7cb2e7d8256d5/tenor.gif?itemid=12266151

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god the name of this phone got leaked. Explains why I was having such bad sleep, definitely not because I’m chubby and have sleep apnea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The size of a iPhone 6s is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apple never had much success with ipad mini, some ppl want smaller display & fone which fits their pocket, SE fits the bill.

    However 4 variants would just confuse the loyalists, segregation between 12 & max won’t be much. Pro would be beyond the budget of many, hence would be wise to buy 11 @ deep discount when 12 is launched

    ReplyDelete
  5. They really need to bring the Touch ID back or find a way to make Face ID work with masks on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they did on the iPad.

      Delete
    2. Face ID can work with mask on. Google it.

      Delete
    3. you can try to make your “second face” with your mask on ❤

      Delete
    4. did you google it?

      Delete
    5. I have an iPhone...

      Delete
    6. google how to use Face ID with a mask ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Delete
    7. and I’m telling you it doesn’t work ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Delete
    8. it does, just google how to set it up

      Delete
    9. I did Google it... It tells me Face is Obstructed every single way it tells me to do it.

      Delete
    10. you doing something wrong probably

      Delete
    11. probably not. I know how to work iPhones and I can read. I am Apple certified. I used to work for them.

      Delete
    12. which instruction did you use, post a link here

      Delete
    13. The Face ID works with your eyes. As long as the phone can see your eyes, then it should unlock ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

      Delete
  6. Why does anyone want a smaller phone at this point? After using all big ones? Wouldnt make sense to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. big phones are cumbersome. I just want to be able to use my phone with one hand, slip it into my front shirt pocket, or back pants pocket without it looking like I’m carrying around a book. I have a TV, iPad, and a MacBook. There’s no need to ever watch a movie or show on my phone. Hope this answers your question from the perspective of someone who would like a smaller phone.

      Delete
    2. I've had iPhone 6, 8, and SE. I definitely don't want anything bigger. If I wanted a tablet, I'd get a tablet.

      Delete
  7. Will they be sued by Mini?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’d like an iPhone with a mini projector built in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not the Pequeño? (SNL Joke)

    ReplyDelete
  10. If it’s anything like they new iOS 14 they can keep it ;D ;D ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. https://youtu.be/BbUWiXAnaVM

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. iPhone 12 649$
      Note 20 ultra 1400$

      Delete
    2. Samsung earns 55% for every note 20 ultra sold :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Stay informed!