Samsung unveils Galaxy Glasses at Unpacked | Find a Way

Samsung unveils Galaxy Glasses shown at Unpacked. Here's your first look.

Samsung said the highly anticipated glasses will arrive in the fall
By on
Credit: Samsung
Matthews Martins

Perhaps facing reality head on is the most honest way to try to escape it.

70 Comments

Stay informed!


  1. I am not sure but from this presentation, it seems that the camera is at least not cropped to fit social media format only, like meta glasses. Correct me if I am wrong. And Gemini will likely be more powerful than Meta Ai. So it looks like a very small improvement over the current mainstream.

    But yes, I do miss the display. So I will only get one when the display version is available.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just watched it and they didn't spend too much time on it but no display makes it feel like glasses from 4 years ago

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I mean the 9 hour battery life is nice but feels like they’re starting behind without that option

      Delete

    2. I mean essentially what they're doing is what the pebble core did only have it required a phone. And not have a SIM card and not act as a phone replacement to power other devices.

      The pebble core was a small square device that you could wear that had a SIM card and the headphone jack. It was a full standalone Android experience with haunted screen that you interacted with it with just your voice that could run apps. Unlike the Samsung glasses the pebble cord did not have a camera. it also acted as a connection for the pebble watch to have internet so it could do things without a phone.

      The pebble core never was made. But now that the company revived to hope they do sometime but.

      That is why I think a screenless device could work depends on the scope and scale of what they're trying to do.

      Delete
  3. No screen? No sale. Hard pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really disappointed with all of these smart glasses having cameras and this huge chunky form factor. I was praying that Samsung would follow Even Realities or Memomind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lack of a display is disappointing, but the bigger question for me is whether Samsung will give third-party developers meaningful access to the glasses’ camera, audio and contextual features—or keep everything locked behind Gemini. That could matter more for the category than the first-generation hardware itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are connected to their ecosystem so the watch acts as a display.

      9 hours of battery life is huge right now. Also since this is android, Samsung doesn't have to worry about giving access... Android Studio gives access. I'm developing right now.

      Delete
    2. They are connected to their ecosystem so the watch acts as a display.

      9 hours of battery life is huge right now. Also since this is android, Samsung doesn't have to worry about giving access... Android Studio gives access. I'm developing right now.

      Delete
    3. I'm working on some compatibility features. To be able to use the cameras and context without needing to call it. It will be useful in markets like maybe sales (for instance) letting the camera and AI not only remind you if people but also notes. You see someone and then your smart glasses automatically retrieves Information for you that was picked up. (Automatically or manually input) And displays it for you.

      Right now the emulator is a bit Jank since I don't have the device but it's something I'm working on. I'm a forgetful person and having that information on hand is very useful in my daily life. I remember faces, but I forget names. People tell me the names of their children and I remember the stories but forget their names. Remembering birthdays and things like that... This could have many uses in many markets

      Delete

    4. I know that on Meta you can stream frames from the glasses camera directly to the phone through the same camera system used for photos and video.

      For your idea, I’d continuously transcribe the microphone and save the transcripts with the same timestamps as the camera frames. The AI could then look back at what the user saw and heard when they ask something. After a set period, the raw frames and transcripts could be deleted automatically unless they contain something worth remembering.

      I’d probably use GPT-Realtime-2.1 mini or the full GPT-Realtime-2.1 if you want stronger performance and can justify the higher cost. Gemini Live is also worth testing because it can take a live video stream, although in my experience it isn’t very reliable yet.

      I actually really like the idea and think there are real use cases for it. I’m building Extentos around this exact problem. You could implement the glasses integration once, support both Meta and Android XR, and test both through the browser simulator without owning the hardware, so you don’t have to rely entirely on the janky emulator.

      I’d be happy to help if you’re interested.

      Delete
  6. The only thing this hints at is Apple is next. Samsung first as they see what there manufacturing customers are doing. Then the real slick device actually comes out from Apple

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best looking by far. I couldn’t stand the clunkiness of the others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Giving eyes quality of watching screen

    ReplyDelete
  9. How are they different from Meta glasses?

    ReplyDelete
  10. デザインはいいけど、セルフレーム一体型のノーズパッドでは黄色人種には絶対にフィットしない。Google & samsung & gentle monster連合はRay-Ban & Meta連合と違って黄色人種の顔の骨格のことをわかっていると思ったのだが、致命的に残念。取付式のクリングスをサードパーティ(HIBLOKS)が出してくれるのを待つしかない。

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want oversized frames 😫😫😫😫😫😫

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice $META has some good competition now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just want them to have a nice bridge that gives a satisfying snap sound in response to my brass knuckles.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look cheap as hell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smart glasses design is finally looking less like sci-fi goggles and more like everyday specs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cool!
    https://tenor.com/bcdce.gif

    ReplyDelete
  18. Indians have high noses, but Koreans are supposed to have low noses, so why did they go with a cell frame integrated nose pad? It absolutely won't fit Asian yellow races unless it's Cringe-style. Super extremely disappointing. All we can do is hope and wait for a third party (HIBLOKS) to make a clip-on Cringe version.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Excellent! Internet infrastructure stress-tested.

    ReplyDelete
  20. https://media4.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExaWgzYXMzZjNqcmtoNjRvMTY3aWZoZGNkaTM1YzhwMzB2NHBwdHZkNyZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/MKSqMxza1V4vC/giphy.gif

    ReplyDelete
  21. Did they actually? How come no one is talking about this?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Doesn’t quite seem like Gentle Monster DNA would be present in the design

    ReplyDelete
  23. I missed it again! But the ZzzZz were worth it..

    At least @SamsungMobile has the replay going. 👍▶️

    ReplyDelete
  24. I don't know ONE person who uses a Galaxy phone in 2026. All they do is copying Apple, lame.

    ReplyDelete
  25. No evento eles falaram Outubro

    ReplyDelete
  26. Marca registrada da Apple, maçã mordida. Marca registrada da @samsungbrasil , defeito de fabricação, linhas verticais na tela, vício oculto, obsolescência programada, empresa número um em prejudicar o consumidor, tampa traseira que sai sozinha... isso quando os celulares não explodem kkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  27. Chega quando nos EUA, por gentileza?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Achava melhor com a bixby

    ReplyDelete
  29. Interesting first attempt. Once people are more comfortable with the cameras I am sure they will become less obtrusive and less obvious. And I remember back when manufacturers put led lights on smartphone cameras, too, so that people could tell when they were being used. That didn't last long and I don't imagine the same feature will last long on XR glasses either, especially because of the battery drain.

    ReplyDelete
  30. [01:22] I do not understand that demo slide, do they have any internal screens seen by user?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I wonder how the "in real time translation" will work

    ReplyDelete
  32. Correct me if I'm wrong...they stated that the fall launch will not be the display versions?

    ReplyDelete
  33. I usually never buy the 1st gen of anything. Might break my rule

    ReplyDelete
  34. Metaがセルフレーム一体型ノーズパッドだったので、HIBLOKSの取り付け式クリングスをつけて使用することで、どうにかフィット感を保って使用しているが、GoogleはSamsungやGentle Monsterという韓国の企業とコラボレーションしているから、黄色人種の顔の骨格を理解してクリングス式を使用してくれることを期待したが、裏切られた。オプションでもいいからクリングス式を導入してほしい。セルフレーム一体型がフィットする黄色人種はいないと思うのだが、よっぽど鼻が高く、ほりが深いモデルを使ってテストをしたのか、不思議でしょうがない。ウェアラブルなものはテクノロジー以前にフィット感が最重要ということは当然わかっていると思うが、どうしてこうなったのか、残念でしょうがない。サードパーティのHIBLOKSが取り付け式クリングスを発売してくれることを期待したい。

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just want to know if gimini or bixby responds faster with them than they do on the phone

    ReplyDelete
  36. Are they bluetooth compatible. Can you use your ear pods to listen in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Built in speakers why you need ear pods

      Delete
  37. Meta Ray-Ban looks much better. I'm still waiting for NORMAL MODERN style. Not the F oldschool like my grandpa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sentiments exactly. Screw all these old ass looking glasses.

      Delete
    2. No, it's not. Meta looks same as any Chinese glasses. This and Apple's shape look much better and make others for grandpas or Americans who wear anything due to simple square without any detail.

      Delete
  38. iMO, they all look feminine AF.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Can they collaborate with Oakley?

    ReplyDelete
  40. ¿Algún van a hacer unas gafas que además de todos estos poderes, sirvan para miopía y astigmatismo? 😂

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congratulations for launching meta smart glasses / even realities of 2023 🙌🤌

    ReplyDelete
  42. But what are they really for?

    ReplyDelete
  43. We don't want f*****g cameras recording us. Are people going crazy???

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm going to skip this I like the floating displays like the XReal glasses have or the Viture or RayNeo glasses... I want Even more upgraded versions of those not this bs Did we not learn from meta glasses and them spying on people in real time 🤦🏻‍♂️☠️

    ReplyDelete
  45. No one makes aviator style smart glasses?!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Apple will now do this in 3 years for double the price. That’s when the yanks will get onboard. LOL 😂

    ReplyDelete
  47. Pervert glasses from a different brand

    ReplyDelete
  48. How are they any different to Meta glasses ?

    ReplyDelete
  49. These companies don't get it. Its not about voice only, we want a heads up display as the minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Don't waste your money on first editions😂

    ReplyDelete
  51. Bye bye Ray-Ban meta they doing to much I'mma get the Samsung glasses

    ReplyDelete
  52. Will be used by perverts all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  53. In 2036 this technology will be so outdated.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Isn’t that what ray ban and Oakley have already done?

    ReplyDelete
Post a Comment
Previous Post Next Post