PlayStation Network outage disrupts players just before the weekend — "All services are experiencing issues"
In a sea of bad headlines for PlayStation, a big network outage probably isn't going to help.
PS5 owners logged into their consoles on Friday to find that PlayStation Network, the online infrastructure that makes everything from game purchases to online matches work, was experiencing an outage. Multiple sources, both primary and secondary, confirm this, as DownDetector shows a steady stream of complaints starting on Friday morning and continuing into the afternoon. On top of that, PlayStation's own server status page showed that all services were experiencing issues at the time of publication.

Mashable has reached out to Sony for comment and will update this article if we receive a response. As of early Friday afternoon, the PlayStation support account on X had not acknowledged the outage at all.
All of this comes amidst a very, very rough time for PlayStation's public relations.
PS5 consoles recently saw price increases nearly six years after the initial launch, and word is that the next PlayStation console might cost north of $1,000 whenever it launches. If that wasn't bad enough, every single PlayStation social media account has been hounded by angry comments from players who are aghast at Sony's recent decision to stop manufacturing games on physical discs in 2028.
Needless to say, this is not the best time for a major, unexplained network outage.
This is a developing story...
Topics PlayStation


Isn't gaming these days fun and reliable?
ReplyDeleteI would have loved it if "Play Has No Limits" appeared at the bottom of that screenshot :-D
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the digital future.
ReplyDeleteCall me a conspiracy theorist, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone owned up to it citing Sony's decision to stop making physical disks for their games.
ReplyDeleteHooray, No Discs!!! "Play Has No Limits"
ReplyDeletexbox was down yesterday but yeah good all digital future, at least steam never goes down
ReplyDeleteWhat do you think Sony would do if they lost everyone's libraries records?
ReplyDeleteLol nah ? Another one ? Or is the date wrong
ReplyDeleteDate is wrong
DeleteBut doesn't matter to me, because I haven't been able to connect to the internet at all since the outage
Oh okay on the wrong date. Oh damn, sorry to hear that. So on your end its still inop ? This is some wild stuff coming from Sony. It is boggling my mind though. All of this almost feels like on purpose.
DeleteCalling the end of physical media on their platform. Then their servers just innopping. I guess I just find it hard to believe that their being this reckless.
Dust off your Dreamcasts, boys
ReplyDeleteTo anyone running into Psn login issues on web (PC)
ReplyDeleteSwitch the browser you are using. For example: in my case I was trying to login on epic games rocket league using my linked psn account. But every time I tried it says “something went wrong”. So I tried to login in on the psn web and encountered the same thing. This was done on Google Chrome. I then switched to Microsoft edge and tried to login in and it worked.
Keep getting this when trying to play my Spotify playlist from the PS5 itself.
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/GNgwMYx
Same again now! Also saying problems at PlayStation on download detector.
ReplyDeleteNever had an issue
ReplyDeleteStill down for anyone?
ReplyDeleteIf only there was a physical medium to use…..
ReplyDeleteRough timing for an outage. Hope it's back up soon for everyone stuck mid-game.
ReplyDeleteNazistation 🖕
ReplyDeleteDigital only, regular scheduled psn outage, feel bad for ya’ll
ReplyDeleteHey guys, playstation here, we realised that a lot of you were still in the black Friday sale window for ps plus, so just like the last outage we will be giving free extra days to take you out that window and join the rest we did it to last year, this is pure coincidence and the outage was 100% legitimate, regards PlayStation
ReplyDeleteWhen I try to login I don't receive an SMS with the verification code. I tried contacting customer support yesterday but they didn't reply yet. Does anyone know what to do?
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/uarUFjV
Time traveller!
ReplyDeleteIs it down again?
ReplyDeleteOn my birthday?
ReplyDeleteI feel like ppl outside of US are having these issues
ReplyDeleteI still can't buy anything from the playstation store.
ReplyDeleteEver since the software update any multiplayer game i play suddenly lags freezes for like a second or two then goes back to normal im not experiencing any lag other than that and ik for a fact that it’s not my internet because i have never experienced this before is there a way to fix it or is it related to the outage and is getting fixed soon?
ReplyDeleteThis s why consoles suck cock
ReplyDeleteIs this the future of no physical disc
ReplyDeleteFirst time I reupped my sub in like a year figured haha
ReplyDeleteA message from the future! 🤯
ReplyDeleteThought that I overslept when I saw this in the morning.
DeleteI was gonna say. Wtf. lol
DeleteAll that profit you guys made over at Sony with the price increases making it unaffordable to your loyal, long time customers yet can't even get things up to par huh
ReplyDeleteHey so me and my friends all get NAT type failed as of logging in this morning
ReplyDeleteGetting a pc and steam were tye best things I did ever. My ps5 is collecting dust until gta 5 😭
ReplyDeleteMe coming into this thread after getting off work and PSN is working just fine lmao. I think the lesson here is you guys need to get jobs. Holy shit, did most people even notice it was down at all? So dramatic.
ReplyDeleteDifferent time zones....
DeleteAnd it wants to go all digital....
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/SJ54siR
ReplyDeleteJuly 27th? are you from the future?
ReplyDeleteIt’s so obnoxious that they don’t even mention it. They really have lost the plot and are showing how anti consumer they really are. I’m done after this gen.
ReplyDeleteyou trying predict the future
ReplyDeleteAre you from the future? Will it be down on Monday the 27th also?
ReplyDeleteNo Disc No Buy. This just further proves that point. lol
ReplyDeleteMine is fine
ReplyDeleteHacking?
ReplyDeleteI don't think its the 27th anywhere yet
ReplyDeleteIts july 24th..
ReplyDeletedigital only lmao
ReplyDeletePSN? I thought all the redditors canceled it
ReplyDeleteI’m glad I’ve switched to Xbox and steam
ReplyDeletexbox had a giant outage yesterday, theyre all the same
DeleteCan’t wait to see when GTA6 launches and two consoles servers down lmaoooo
DeleteJuly 27th? Mother Fr it isn't even July 26th in new Zealand, the land that owns time.
ReplyDeleteAlso it was down for a few hours. Get over it.
Xbox was down yesterday and nobody noticed.
Mmhh Sony, does this look like something that should happen when you want to go ALL DIGITAL???
ReplyDeleteSo its xmas or your birthday and you get your new ps6 and you carnt even play it as the servers are down.. Welcome to the future.👏
ReplyDeleteEither it's fixed or I'm really lucky cause I just got home and it's running fine for me 🤷🏼
ReplyDeleteJust wait until July 27th 2026. Apparently this post is from the future.
DeleteOh man oh god, oh god oh man! 😳🥺
DeleteThis would be great when we need to connect to the Internet with full digital only services...
ReplyDeleteMaybe this is for the future - you say July 27th 2026 today is the 07/24/26 - the 27th is Monday.
ReplyDeleteI'm not getting any 2FA codes sent to me now even though it says everything’s back up. Is anyone else having an issue like this?
ReplyDeleteSame for me in the UK. I just changed my password this morning, now can't get into anything. Off to bed it is.
DeleteWait, you can't download digital games when PSN is down ??
ReplyDeleteIf the store is down, that will interfere with your ability to download games, I imagine.
DeleteThe status page says everything's back up and running now, though, so you should be good.
Comment has been removed
DeleteEnjoy your digital games.. wait you can't verify your license to play.. haha
ReplyDeleteWait you can just enable offline play, been playing Digital games, even downloaded a game during the outage... Haha
DeleteI mean same... just got done playing the portal no issues. Been playing for about 4 hours.
DeleteLMAO FR
DeleteAll digital and this happens 😂
ReplyDeleteThe absolute gall of PlayStation to push for a digital only eco-system when they historically have been the WORST out of the big 3 when it comes to network services and security. It's actually kind of hilarious.
ReplyDeleteUK here. Now back up and working.
ReplyDeleteAll digital my ass
ReplyDeleteI cancelled my Playstation Plus monthly subscription today, so soz if that's what made the network fail.
ReplyDeleteLock him up!!
DeleteWhat the fuck man
DeleteMy bad dude, soz.
Delete"soz"
Delete?
It's how all the cool kids say "sorry".
DeleteIts just the store for me in the nordic region
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/Cg59MUx
Same here in the eastern US. I think they're close to getting it fixed.
DeleteYepp
DeleteWhen I’m about to preorder GTA 6
ReplyDeleteYeah that sucks. Hopefully it'll still be in stock before the Nov release.
DeleteNo worries fam. Just take a copy of GTA 5, X out the 5 and write 6 on it. This suggestion has been brought to by shit support because shit, why not?
DeleteLmaoo 🤣
DeleteIs it back yet?
ReplyDeleteIt’s okay guys we can still play our new Halo game that is just a campaign…
ReplyDeleteCan’t even play story games on digital idk why
DeleteIt's funny how all the game companies ended up sneaking in "Always Online" after Xbox One got all the pushback and fallout. They just never told anyone that most games would need to be connected online to start, and did it anyway after everyone forgot about it.
DeleteMan this would be a huge issue if I didn’t own physical copies of the games I want to play.
ReplyDeleteI finally took 1 day off after 5 weeks of crunch and extreme overtime, while my kids are in the kindergarten and this happened. FML.
ReplyDeleteFeel your pain
DeleteAll digital future, lets go
ReplyDeleteReally? A megathread for a service? I do love playing games (grew up playing games up til now), but I also know how to touch grass when I can't do something I wanted to do in the first place.
ReplyDeleteEveryone, this is your sign to go outside, do something productive than sit on your ass playing games that will never benefit you in life.
"Really? A megathread for a service?"
DeleteIt's merely to stop people from making a hundred threads about it
Yeah this sub is wild. Like its Friday during the summer. Do something else
DeleteI don't seem to be affected. I've been able to sign in and play the Marvel Tokon beta.
ReplyDeleteThis isn't me disbelieving there is an issue, because I have friends who have been affected. I'm just wondering why I seem to not be affected.
I swear to god if my PSN gets hacked and stollen after this like you guys allowed back in 2011 and gave no refunds, I will seek legal council against your butts and take it all the way to Timbuctoo I want a refund on my PS Plus subscription, Turns out all I can play a physical games that I own right because everything else requries an online connection and MY PS5 cant connect. I swear this company is actively working to overtake EA for worst company in the world not just the USA, give these people the golden poo award for this year! Good thing I own physical media. I am so close to done with this company and their products. What a scam.
ReplyDeleteback up?
ReplyDeleteIt was down? I didn’t notice. Maybe because I was playing Palworld
ReplyDeleteSo has this happened already or will it happen in 3 days?
ReplyDeleteJuly 27th? Are we living in the future?
ReplyDeleteDoes anyone know why it’s working for me, but it says PlayStation Network is down? I can play online games.
ReplyDeleteBack in business! Halo all linked up.
DeleteEnjoy your gaming, my fellow enraged nerds!
This is gonna hit like a bad trip once PlayStation stops supporting discs and an outage means no one can play any games.
ReplyDeleteYou can't if you have a household with two consoles and are forced to have your kid's console set as your primary to share games offline from one account that makes purchases.
DeleteBecause no family ever owns more than one console!
My games are 100% useless on my console where my save data actually is because of this dumbassery.
People who own more than one ps5 console are probably smaller than 0.5%
DeleteJust play on the primary for today
"100% useless on my console where my save data actually is"
DeleteActually wild behavior to think families owning multiple consoles is that rare.
It is pretty rare
DeleteI have 3 in my household. Along with 6 switch 2s (which digital games are weird on, but i think are ultimately a better way than Sony)
Deleteonly if you went into the settings to activate that. And it can only be activated with psn working, and from how I understand it, only if you don't share games with anyone else.
DeleteOtherwise the console tries to verify if your license is valid (not sure why it needs to do that in the first place, I bought the game, why would the license be invalid, but whatever) and if it can't verify it, you can't start the game
License be invalid because, for example, someone stole your PlayStation and you removed your account from it. (It’s a stupid example and i bet there are actually useful reasons on it but it’s a valid possibility)
Delete"only if you went into the settings to activate tha"
DeleteAnd this is one of the first thing that system is asked you when you set up your account on new device, if you skipped it or set it like this specifically(to share you account with other person) it is on you
No, it is on Sony. They made the system like that in the first place.
DeleteIn what scenario would I suddenly not have the license of an offline, singleplayer game I bought digitally and just played a day earlier?
Ps Plus games would be a different thing, they obviously wouldn’t wanna have you play them without a subscription.
Comment deleted by user
DeleteCause you dont own the game you buy digitally. You own a licence that can expire at any time. It was always like this
DeleteDon't forget that you can only have one "primary" console so any family with two consoles that game shares to make purchases on just one account has a console that's completely useless when not online with PSN.
DeleteThen PSN should be free for everyone next month
ReplyDeleteKnowing Sony, they will give us a high five and raise PS+ again before Christmas lol
DeleteWell people can either stop paying Sony or nothing will change
DeleteDoes this mean it end at 27th?
ReplyDeleteMy online games are working rn, they weren’t ten minutes ago
ReplyDeleteMine started working
ReplyDeleteSorry for you guys, fortunately I don’t have to deal with this
ReplyDeleteCan go online now but the last played list is still lagging behind. It takes a couple of minutes for your last played game to appear there.
ReplyDelete27th July ????
ReplyDeleteSeems to be back up for others but imma wait a bit to sign back in
ReplyDeleteWell well well ...
ReplyDeletePSN down? Believe it or not, PS+ price increase.
ReplyDeleteOnly logical move
Delete@all the issues are over in my area, check your consoles to determine if you’re able to play games again
ReplyDeleteIt's good to plan ahead.
ReplyDeleteWhat are the triggers for the issues? I know servers are down, but I can still play my digital games
ReplyDeletehttps://imgur.com/a/X7PhZWM
If your console is set as the primary console for the account you buy your games on, then you can still play them without a connection.
Deletehttps://imgur.com/a/P6ddeth
DeleteIts not my birthday yet
ReplyDeleteNot down for me.
ReplyDelete"PlayStation Network outage disrupts players just before the weekend — "All services are experiencing issues"
ReplyDeleteMe hear on July 24th: "What do you mean, it's going to be out for 3 more days?!"
Glad I have all my physical games I can play while the servers are down!
ReplyDeleteI literally downloaded assassin's creed shadows due to this, on disc.
ReplyDeleteI doubt this outage is random. I have a feeling - some passionate physical media collector/hackerman - hit the servers to send Sony a message; to piss everyone off and to give us a solid excuse to say “I told you so”👀
ReplyDeletenot really its ASW server that are down . it happen
DeleteThanks for bursting my bubble mate
DeleteSoooo when am i able to play some OW2. Im not waiting allat time
ReplyDeleteOverwatch 2 dosent exist anymore its back at Overwatch 1
DeleteShame it is back. Would love to see it down for a week so the reality could settle in for people what a discless future could look like one day.
ReplyDeleteI love the baby rage in the comments….none of yall have ever managed an infrastructure in your life’s let alone one of their size.
ReplyDeleteShit happens go do something else.
Also its video game . its REALLLY not important even if you spend a week without playing.
DeleteThis is why PC gaming is just superior in all ways. Go game like an adult get a PC quit paying to play online you already pay for internet.
DeleteNo
DeleteEither the thread is misnamed or someone here can tell the future and knows there is an outage coming on the 27th (Monday). Here I was looking for information about the outage today, Friday the 24th of July...
ReplyDeleteI think it’s back up, ive got the store back and can boot Online connection games as normal
ReplyDeleteYeeees it's back on for me!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst decision after going back on-line, canceling the subscription. I was putting it off too long. I have a nice PC collection anyway, don't need to support a company that is anti consumer and I cannot count on keeping my library of games available, most games are multiplatform anyway.
ReplyDeleteDid the exact same. I dont even use alot of physical games but I will not accept them just getting rid of them for this sorta shit to be our future
DeleteOn PC I have choice of platform and i have lots of stuff on GOG. Hell I have the installers for the stuff I like on an external SSD :)
DeleteHope they never come back up
ReplyDeleteAnd exactly how many games did you buy on disc in the last 6 years? If your number exceeds 5, you are either a collector, in which case respect, (Though you're still being foolish about the outage). Or, you are a big fat liar.
DeleteMoron
DeleteSaudi Arabia back online BF6
ReplyDeleteIt’ll be back in no time. It was nothing like the outage in what, 2011 was it? That’s was ridiculous
ReplyDeleteIt’s been back on a while here in UK
DeleteThat’s good to know
DeleteAll digital, no discs, amirite?
ReplyDeleteBack online in the UAE
ReplyDeleteBack online here in Ireland.
ReplyDeleteLaughing because I was about to play the new battlefield Content smh, Splatoon raiders it is!
ReplyDeleteDon't have any problem in Hongkong
ReplyDeleteBACK ONLINE BABYYYYY
ReplyDeleteCome back after 30m and tell us its still online
Delete😭
DeleteYooooo!
ReplyDeleteHas the Halo remake been took off PSN? I can’t see it when I search for it.
EDIT: It’s still there but it doesn’t look like the most up to date PSN roll out.
Im back online - UK
ReplyDeletePlayStation are so nice for stopping me from torturing myself on overwatch
ReplyDeleteNot there completely.
ReplyDeleteI assume there are no coms on when this is coming back up as I’ve been checking every hour or so and in the uk it’s still down
ReplyDeleteI think it's slowly starting to come back
ReplyDeleteFuck digital service! Glad i still have plenty of ps5 games on disc to play on even on ps3, not a gaybox (xbox) fan at all, or pc player
ReplyDeleteBitch ass Sony… this is what they deserve
ReplyDeleteI Immediately switched to my Nintendo Switch when I couldn't play on PS 🤷♂️ Karma for not having physical games...
ReplyDeleteI can't even trophy farm
ReplyDeleteUK PS portal is working now
ReplyDeleteit works now!!!
ReplyDeleteFuck digital service, if ps6 dont get disc tray iwont get it, glad i still have plenty of disc to play from on ps5 and ps3! Not a gaybox (xbox) fan at all, or pc player.
ReplyDeleteSony/PlayStation just preparing us for gta 6 launch! 🤣 😂
ReplyDeleteWell deserved for killing Destiny
ReplyDeleteHeya it's not happening only in Britain, here on Italy it's down too and mostly every part of the world, i expect something back at least for this waste of time, and it's not an apology i assure you.
ReplyDeleteWhere are people getting the 27th from?
ReplyDeleteFrom the post title?
DeleteWhy did bro date it 3 days in the future?
ReplyDeleteBack up for me in UK. Hope it lasts
ReplyDeleteYeah COD’s back working for me UK
Deleteru trolling still down for me 😭
DeleteSwear down I’m in a BO2 game
DeleteYeah it's weird some games work. I can play Rocket League, but not Finals
DeleteAny predictions on when this will be fixed?
ReplyDelete